Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Fresh Cup of Coffee

Why do I do it? Why, when I have a fresh pot of coffee right before me, do I keep reheating what's still in my cup- my own concoction? Adding a little, expecting it to be just as good. Do I do that in my spiritual life? Constantly diluting the plan of new life God has for me? Why can't I totally give up my old ways and quit trying to be in control all the time? Why won't I fully embrace the cup He wants to give me- listening and responding with obedience to what He tells me? Instead I have a sprinkle of bible study, not a daily priority and fight to focus on true worship and learning at church- sometimes falling into the habit of just " attending". Just food for thought, as you and I pour the next cup of coffee. Will we choose to drink in the full flavor of life the master barista has prepared for us today?

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

Great post! I am so guilty of this too!!