Monday, October 24, 2011

Fast Forward to 2011

Fast forward two years later- I am still reading blogs instead of doing what I need to be doing ( this time it is folding laundry and going to bed at a decent hour). Thought I would take a look at the last thing I posted, and things are different, yet the same. I actually had oatmeal this weekend, steel cut oats, made in a crockpot at the ladies retreat, and had commented to a friend on how I really liked it better than "instant". My last post mentions an upcoming job change ( which I enjoyed and was a rich learning experience). I have since been promoted, but wouldn't you know, as soon as I am finally feeling settled in and seem to be making progress with my sales team, I feel change coming again. The theme of the retreat this weekend was "Shine Your Light" and during our alone time, I had a chance to sit quietly in a wooded area and make some observations while conversing quietly with God. Some of things I was reminded of were how not only is Jesus the "light", but that God uses light to reveal truth to us ( though sometimes it is too bright to look at head on, and we may need sunglasses until we are ready), He leads us with light, shining it on the path before us, showing the way we should go. Sometimes light is temporarily hidden for a time; we may be in a dark place, hiding from God, or be listening to someone else ( or our negative selves), that keep us from hearing or seeing His will for us. It could be though, while the sun is less intense, that He is letting us rest in the place of contentment for a while, to recover from the last storm, preparing us for the future. When the wind picks up again, and the sun comes out from behind the clouds again, it is time to follow Him to a new place again....

No comments: